Wednesday, January 28, 2009

PE is fun!

This morning, we have our PE lesson as usual. For this week onwards ( only until the end of this half term which is on 18th of February ), all of us will be doing athletics. For your information, we were doing football last week ( last term ).

I would never imagine that I will be saying this, "PE IS FUN!" I know, that is weird to hear someone like me would be saying like that. I mean its not that I hated PE before, its just my knees always ended up really hurt~ It is because I have some joint problems on my left knee.

So as for today, we went to the sporting club, ( as usual, our school don't have big fields for sports activities, we only have a hard court and a small gym, so for every PE lesson we will be going there ) of course by bus. As soon as we arrived there, we all gathered at the track. Then, Mr Shuttleworth talked to us about what we will be doing for this PE and the plan about doing dancing instead of swimming for girls and etc. Later on, he directed the boys to go to the other side of the track and wait for him, and as for girls, we all stayed where we were. Next, Mr Yeates divided us, the girls to two group. Since I was in group one, so my group started the lesson by doing long jump. LONG JUMP??? Its my favourite! I love long jump~ And that is one of the reason I find PE today was so fun. Besides, its the only thing in sports that I good at ( Oh, I almost forgot~ I like 100 metres sprint too! ).

After we spend approximately 20 minutes in long jump, Mr Yeates hand over my group to Mr Islam where he was waiting for our next event. While we were doing long jump, the other group were doing shot put. And now, as we both groups were swapping over the events, now is my group's turned to do shot put and as for the other girls' group they'll be doing long jump.

After that, we went to Mr Shuttleworth where he was waiting for us at the end of the track where the boys did their fitness activities there. There, both of the girls' groups reunited. We then been asked by him to pick and choose a partner. He then gave a simple brief about what we were about to do next. Sigh, there was a lot of activities to be done!

We did jumping, running, throwing and so much more. All of us the girls had so much fun! All the activities need to be done in only 30 seconds and there was 6 activities. I know it was not that bad, but as what Mr Shuttleworth told us before that the aim of these activities are to put all the energy and concentration you have as much as you can. So, for example, we have to run 2o metres track and go back again by jogging, and try to do this several times in just 30 seconds.
Whoah! I must say, after I finished all the courses, I was pretty exhausted~

We headed back to school after that. We changed our clothes and went for break. We continued our lessons as usual. That was pretty much all the things that happened today.

2 comments:

RozIlah Kamarudin said...

PE is fun?? Mama never thought you would say that!

Ayesha Ariffin said...

Hihihi...Athletics jer aysha enjoy~